Monday, April 9, 2012

The Big Reveal

Alright everybody. It's the big moment. We are finally going to reveal if we are having a boy or a girl!

But first let's take a walk through our experience today. Our appointment was at 9am at Condell in Libertyville (this is where we will be for delivery). For our exciting morning I was given strict instructions to drink 16oz of water 1 hour before and could not use the bathroom! I was in utter misery trying to hold it in. Especially on the drive there and while waiting for our names to be called in the waiting room. Here is a pic of our hospital as we were walking in. Isn't it a pretty building.














After our names were called we met our technician who was the sweetest lady ever. She was so friendly and made sure we were completely comfortable as we settled in for our great experience. The room was dimly lit with calming music playing, felt like I was in a massage room. After getting cozy she told me the fantastic news that I would be able to go to the bathroom after she got a few quick initial pics. I was more than delighted to hear this.

After I was relieved.... she came back with some warm blankets for comfort and we got ready to see our baby (I felt very taken care of) The appointment was about 45 minutes and we got so many awesome shots of Baby Till. But as we were nearing the end of our appt our technician had to admit that the baby was staying modest and she was having a hard time seeing the necessary parts. I told myself this morning that we might not be able to find out boy/girl and I would have to be OK with that. When she was saying she was having a hard time seeing I heard Matt say exactly what I was thinking, "well, it's just not meant to be." Our technician was so sweet and kept trying to find out, but with no luck she decided to take a break. In the mean time here are some of the great pics we got of our baby today.




































Isn't our baby so cute!!! I was definitely shedding a few tears... I couldn't believe how great of a miracle was happing right inside my tummy. What a blessing. Turns out baby is very healthy and everything is in order. Praise the Lord!

After taking a break our tech came back and tried again.... And again no luck. We have a very modest baby! In a last effort she asked me to lay on my side. And after a few maneuvers we got the picture we were hoping for!

And so, without further adue... Ladies and Gentelman, Friends and Family, Dearly Beloved... Matt and I are very proud to announce that we are expecting a beautiful baby GIRL!!

Alyssa Marilyn Till is expected to arrive September 3, 2012.

We are absolutely thrilled about our baby girl and can't wait to meet her! In our last few moments during the ultrasound I thought, "Alyssa, next time I see you will be on your birthday." Can't wait to hold this little precious one!

In all our excitement we headed straight to Target and bought her her very first dress. Matt picked it out. He said, "this is so Alyssa" and I could have cried. Isn't it perfect?!






















Please continue to pray with us that Alyssa would grow healthy. And we are praying even now that by His grace she would come to know Jesus as Lord. Thank you for your love and encouragement... we cherish it!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, congratulations, you two! So happy for you! Praise the Lord for little Alyssa!! We so remember your excitement as we went through the ultrasound last spring for our Katie. And I'm jealous that you only had to drink 16 oz of water, since they told me 32 oz!! Ugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So it is a baby?!?! So exciting - I can't wait to meet her! Maybe Alyssa can marry our little guy! He would be 9 months older - that would be perfect! Haha - so excited for you guys! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I'm so happy for you and Matt! I little girl, what a blessing that is. My prayers are always with you, I hope you know that. Sorry I wouldn't be there for her arrival, but I'll be in Florida at that time. But hope to see you when I get off this rock! I can't wait!! I still picture the young girl in Grayslake sitting on the couch with Jim Mach helping you with your homework, and now your going to be a mom yourself!! I love you Mary and With God and all the Blessings he has to offer you and Matt, and YES Alyssa to, you'll have a wonderful life!!! God Bless and take care Honey! I love you! Congrats to you and Matt!! Auntie Lu

    ReplyDelete