Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Better Days

Within a week of entering my second trimester I began to feel my pregnancy symptoms ease up. And by week 14 I was feeling like the energizer bunny! I didn't realize how exhausted I had really felt until I had my energy back and I felt like I could zip around all day. Unfortunately, I try to be busy all day and then it all catches up with me. I have learned to pace myself a bit better now.

With my energy up and an anticipate busy summer Matt and I decided to get a head start on preparing the babies room. By mid-march we had picked out paint colors, bought the supplies and covered those walls! By the close of the month Matt changed all the outlets and put in a new light fixture. The room is 70% ready! All we need is to cover the windows and fix up the closet with some new shelves and we are ready for some furniture and then a baby! Can you tell I am excited? :)

By 16 weeks I was beginning to see a bit more progress in the "looking and feeling like I'm pregnant" department. I had a mini bump to show off and I began to feel some baby flutters. I'm pretty certain it wasn't gas but who knows ;) I felt the first flutters the night before my sister Paige's choir concert and then felt pretty confident in the new discover at the concert when Baby Till decided to dance a little to the beautiful voice of their auntie :)

At 17 weeks we had our 3rd prenatal appointment. I was thrilled to not be sick this time around. The appointment's highlight was hearing our baby's heartbeat again. This time it was so much stronger, louder and faster. I was not expecting it to sound so different. It is definitely an awesome and reassuring experience to hear that "wooshing" sound confirm your baby's safety and health. Also, at our appointment we received our orders to get our ultrasound done within the following 2 weeks.

I am 18 1/2 weeks today and our ultrasound is scheduled for Monday, April 9th at 9AM. I made the appointment today and did not expect to feel so giddy about it. It's hard to believe I made an appointment to see our baby! I cannot wait!!

The big question we are being asked now is, "Are you going to find out the gender???" And the answer is, "YES WE ARE!" I have also been asked if I have a feeling if it's a boy or girl. Until 15 weeks I had no feelings one way or another. But one day I thought to myself that it's probably a boy. We are excited for either boy or girl, we don't mind either way. We just want a healthy baby!!

Before I close let me say a HUGE thank you to all who are praying for us and our growing baby. We have had a very smooth experience so far and are very thankful for the Lord's provision in all of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment